Westchester Education Services is committed to making achievements in bilingual education easier.
Our aim is to be one of the best global resources for teaching and learning academic content presented in two languages . . . a first and second tongue.
Our editorial processes amplify bilingual learning and teaching capacities while positively heightening multicultural awareness.
We work with our partner-clients, international or domestic, through phases of strategic language planning. We stand upon robust research, multidisciplinary pedagogical approaches, and multilingual talent to meticulously craft and deliver content which fits the demands of minority language education, multilingualism, multiculturalism, biliteracy, and bilingualism.
Westchester expertly designs bilingual educational content in several languages, including Arabic, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Westchester’s work in bilingual education can be best described as:
• Having breadth: from folktale readers to teacher instructional materials
• Respectful: the learner’s mother tongue is given prominence alongside English
• Multi-faceted: multilingual approaches to teaching and learning
• Representative: exhibiting first-language cultural traditions, beliefs, and histories
• Contemporary and popular: content that young bilingual learners can identify with and enjoy
Westchester’s guidance in bilingual educational content creation can be applied to:
• Developmental, or maintenance, bilingual programmes
• Two-way (bilingual) immersion programmes
• Foreign language immersion, language immersion or one-way immersion
• Heritage language initiatives
Click to learn more about our bilingual education and translation services.