English is the lingua franca for our globalised world.
Publishers in the UK, US and worldwide seek to offer English Language Teaching (ELT) programmes in a variety of markets.
Westchester Education Services has the pedagogical, multilingual, and cultural fluency skills to develop ELT programmes for both school and adult audiences in a variety of markets.
Walter Henderson, Jr., Westchester Education Services’ Senior Supervising Editor for ELT, has decades of experience, both as a teacher of ELT to students from elementary to college level around the world, along with developing the course materials that were used for many of these programmes.
We support our clients with carefully-planned conceptualisation of instructional content which artfully integrates the main skill areas of language learning (listening, speaking, pronunciation, reading, and writing).
Our ELT capabilities include:
- Content Support
- Conceptualisation of instructional content
- Development of English content for academic purposes (EAP)
- Development of English content for specific purposes (ESP)
- Content exercising the main skills of language learning:
- Adaptation of customised content to cultural, regional and national interests:
- Latin American contexts (including Brazil and Mexico)
- Asian contexts (including China and the Middle East)
- Developmental editing
- Language translation services for:
- Bilingual content development:
- Material development:
- Teacher editions
- Student workbooks
- Assessment devices (including exams, tests, and quizzes)
- Classroom and home readers
- Editorial Support:
- Lexicography (dictionary, glossary, etymology and thesaurus entries)
- Cold reading
Westchester Education Services’ team of English language training and education specialists excel in producing first-rate student books, teacher editions, readers and a multitude of ancillaries such as workbooks, assessment devices, and resource packages.
Click to learn more about the ELT projects our team has delivered.