English is the lingua franca for our globalised world.
Publishers in the UK, US and worldwide seek to offer English Language Teaching (ELT) programmes in a variety of markets.
Westchester Education Services has the pedagogical, multilingual, and cultural fluency skills to develop ELT programmes for both school and adult audiences in a variety of markets.
Walter Henderson, Jr., Westchester Education Services’ Senior Supervising Editor for ELT, has decades of experience, both as a teacher of ELT to students from elementary to college-level around the world, along with developing the course materials that were used for many of these programmes.
We support our clients with carefully-planned conceptualisation of instructional content which artfully integrates the main skill areas of language learning (listening, speaking, pronunciation, reading, and writing).
Our ELT capabilities include:
- Content Support
- Conceptualisation of instructional content
- Development of English content for academic purposes (EAP)
- Development of English content for specific purposes (ESP)
- Content exercising the main skills of language learning:
- Adaptation of customised content to cultural, regional and national interests:
- Latin American contexts (including Brazil and Mexico)
- Asian contexts (including China and the Middle East)
- Developmental editing
- Language translation services for:
- Bilingual content development:
- Material development:
- Teacher editions
- Student workbooks
- Assessment devices (including exams, tests, and quizzes)
- Classroom and home readers
- Editorial Support:
- Lexicography (dictionary, glossary, etymology and thesaurus entries)
- Cold reading
Westchester Education Services’ team of English Language Teaching and education specialists excel in producing first-rate student books, teacher editions, readers, and a multitude of ancillaries such as workbooks, assessment devices, and resource packages.
Click to learn more about the ELT projects our team has delivered.