Communication is key to great project management, especially when executing complex projects.
The Westchester Education Services project management team is highly valued for their communication, transparency, and attention to detail.
Our Education project managers are the communication hub at the centre of all of our projects. Each project management team works with each of the team leads, including editorial, art, design, and production, as well as with our client account managers, to ensure that every project is delivered with high quality and remains in scope, on schedule, and within budget.
Our project managers are responsible for ensuring that each project moves smoothly and effectively through the workflows, serving as client advocates in the following ways:
- Programme management—Supervising the overall programme, including all ancillary components, to ensure on-time delivery of all of the component pieces
- Workflow development—Crafting customised workflow steps with the project schedule, scope, and budget considerations in mind
- Schedule management—Developing the master schedule and tracking progress against it
- Scope management – Ensuring that all requirements are being met in line with the contracted budget
- Budget management—Managing costs and flagging scope issues to ensure that there are no surprises at the end of a project
- Project documentation—Creating and managing all documentation related to a project, including internal documentation and documentation supplied by our clients
- Project oversight—Observing and managing the project from a macro level to ensure all areas are working together towards delivery expectations
- Status reporting—Tracking individual moving parts to communicate overall status internally and to our clients
“Your team is working wonders and we appreciate all your hard work in helping us meet our dates.” – Senior Content Director, large supplemental reading publisher
“Thanks so much for creating the detailed cost/invoice tracker – it’s simply fantastic!” – Operations VP, major supplemental publisher
Roger Market, our Senior Project Manager, leads a team devoted to meeting customer expectations. Our clients count on our project management team to create and track against schedules while keeping an eye on project budgets and ensuring communications across projects. Under the Westchester model, the project manager owns the project, so if a project starts to veer off spec, expect our Project Management team to raise a flag and schedule a meeting to bring it back on track.