Academic, scholarly book, journal, and trade publishers rely on Westchester Publishing Services UK for every step of their pre-press process
From author manuscripts to final print and digital formats, organisations have relied on Westchester for more than 50 years for quality editorial and production pre-press services, with excellence delivered. Our pre-press services include editorial and project management, composition and typesetting, journals production, digital production, and more.
- UK-based and offshore full-service project management;
- UK, US, and offshore copyediting, proofreading, and indexing;
- copyediting in British or American English;
- author and publisher liaison;
- castoff and sample pages;
- schedule and budget preparation and maintenance;
- no-cost Client Portal for tracking projects and author engagement.
- interior design and layout;
- pre-edit Microsoft® Word styling;
- Westchester standardised tagging system;
- Adobe® InDesign®, PTC Abortext® (3B2);
- LaTex, maths, and figures;
- 4-colour image handling;
- relabelling, rendering, colour, and tonal adjustment.
Journal production and management:
- journal management for disciplines including science, medicine, and humanities;
- database tracking from receipt to final pages/upload;
- illustration programme management;
- freelance resource selection and management.
- eBooks, including complex ePub3 files with media, page numbers, and more;
- customised ePubs, PDFs, and XML files for multiple distribution platforms, including Ingram/CoreSource, Atypon, HighWire, JSTOR, Project MUSE, and Silverchair;
- accessible ePubs including alt-text review, editing, and writing;
- XML services, including pre-edit tagging to streamline copyediting and book production.
Want to find out more about our pre-press services? Contact us. We are ready to talk with you!