Westchester is a Benetech Global Certified Accessible™ (GCA) Vendor
Learn more about our accessible ePub production services here.
Our team of engineers, compositors, editors, and project managers understands the various digital conversion workflows for publishers used across our industry
We know that every workflow is not the same, which is why we partner with you to review and even customise our workflow so we can manage your files from author manuscript through to final digital assets, such as XML files, eBooks and webPDFs, aligning with your processes and timelines. Our workflows are designed to ensure that the digital conversion or ePub processes are clear and work cooperatively with your workflows and timelines.
We have three tagging options available for you and your copyeditors:
- off the shelf tagset – easy to use, with a clean codebase for composition and XML conversion;
- map your editors’ copyediting tags – unifying your set and mapping to the set for composition and XML conversion;
- continue to use your current tagset or variant tags – sending files to us for clean up prior to composition and XML conversion.
Digital conversion capabilities:
- creation of printer PDFs;
- creation of web PDFs;
- ePubs, including reflowable and fixed layout files (ePub, KF8, ePib, Page Perfect);
- custom, complex interactive ePub file conversion;
- XML files specific to Atypon, HighWire, and other platforms;
- pre-edit service.
Westchester is conversant in XML document type definitions (DTDs) such as NLM, DocBook, TEI, as well as client-specific DTDs. We also offer our own proprietary DTD, Westchester Universal, and can provide custom XML workflows specific to your needs (i.e. at the copyediting stage).
Talk with us about the ways we can help you incorporate fully accessible ePub content into your workflow.